Thursday, April 22

Roasted Sevai

Roasted Sevai is one of the easiest dessert to cook and it tastes also very good. There are 2 different versions you can make in this same method. First is soft and Second is crispy.To make soften add more milk and for crispy less milk. What i have prepared here is the crispy one. They just taste like soampapdi when they are crispy. This is my dad favorite dessert, my hubby had never tasted this before. Y'day i got suddenly in my mind to cook this sevai, so that he will also eat different sweet.My hubby's all time favorite is sweet's and only sweet's. He loves to eat lot of sweets and that motivates me to cook different flavours of it because i know that my effort will not go waste and he will eat it...hehehehe:-


Ingredient's
100gram thin sevai
3tbsp ghee
5 to 6tbsp milk (Milk is just to soften the sevai)
Sugar as per taste
5tbsp dry fruits (Cashew, Almond, Rinsin)


Cooking Method
In a deep broad pan add 2tbsp ghee, and dry fruits, sauté for few seconds
Then add sevai, roast with ghee and dry fruits for 10 to 15 sec. (keep in mind when you are mixing sevai low the flame, other wise it will stick to the pan)
After roasting for few seconds, add milk, 1tbsp ghee, and keep stirring till they are crispy. (if need u can take off the stove and mix it)
Lastly switch off the stove, add sugar from top and close the lid, mix well before serving
Serve warm or cold.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Rumana, looks great, never had this prep before.

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Nice crispy sevai! Looking good! I want to jump on that bowl too!Happy Earth Day dear!

Rumana Rawat said...

Thank you and same to u dear:-)

Pavithra Srihari said...

I never heeard about this crispy sevai ..It looks so crispy and I love paini , this could be a better substitute for it I guess.. will give a try ...

Suji said...

wow..great recipe Rumana..never heard of crispy one...looks too good dear..
Love
KS

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

Hy Rumana,

colorful and crispy snack...sounds great. Nice try dear...!

And Thanx for visiting my blog and sharing your inspiring awards with me:)

PranisKitchen said...

what a yummy snacks..looks so colorful..
.thanks for sharing the roasted sevai recipe..

Padhu Sankar said...

Looks crispy .Sounds good and interesting!!

Subhie Arun said...

colorful n crispy sevai..wud lov to have a bowl

Priya Suresh said...

Roasted sevai looks irresistible, very new for me, thanks for sharing..

SathyaSridhar said...

Crispy sevai looks great dear,,thats soo sweet of u cooking ur hubby's faav foods thats good dear..

shahana said...

Looks so crispy!

Gita Jaishankar said...

Sevai looks very tasty dear...this is new to me...must have made a delicious breakfast :)

Unknown said...

I am not a big fan of sweets but this looks really simple and interesting..Thanks for sharing Rumana..

Abhilash said...

Hey super recipe. This appears to be a variation to Semiya payasam(savai porridge). The last steps of heating the mil, drying it and adding sugar later are different than normal process.

You gave me an inspiration to cook something interesting today.

You know my mother had sent a bottle full of ghee for me, so I have plenty to cook and eat

Simplyfood said...

Looks yummy and delicious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails